When you are an e-commerce entrepreneur, you have many options to bring customers closer to your products. However, you should not ignore product data feeds. Learn more about the importance of optimizing data feeds and find out how they will grow your business in 2021.
Are you thinking of new ways to attract visitors to your e-commerce store? With the global pandemic of the Novel Coronavirus, people have shifted to online shopping. If you want your business to attract new customers, it is time to optimize your marketing strategies and make the most of the new year.
You may be currently spending your budget on search network ads, video campaigns, influencer marketing, and social media campaigns for bringing more customers to your website. However, do not ignore the importance and efficiency of a multi-channel e-commerce strategy.
Multi-Channel E-commerce Strategy: A Need in 2021
All your customers do not use a single platform to fulfill their shopping needs. For example, a few might prefer Google Shopping, Amazon, Walmart, or eBay to buy a pair of sneakers. Others may want to visit your website to check out other offerings. As a business, your products should be visible and accessible on multiple marketplaces and platforms. If you want to increase revenue in the new year, relying on a single traffic-source is detrimental to your business goals. And when it comes to multi-channel e-commerce strategies, the key lies in creating and enhancing quality product data feeds.
A product data feed or a product feed is a digital excel, .txt, or .xml file consisting of the list of products you sell online. It will include product attributes to help different CSEs (Comparison Shopping Engines), marketplaces, and other online platforms to compare the products and display them in a useful and meaningful way.
Usually, a product feed contains the following things:
- Product image,
- Product title,
- Product attributes,
- Marketing copy, etc.
Optimized Product Data Feeds: Why are they Important for E-commerce Stores?
- You need to create flexible product feeds for different platforms because your customers use varied marketplaces and platforms to purchase. If you do not optimize the feeds regularly, they will not reflect real-time information about your products.
- With regular optimization of data feeds, you will be able to remove out-of-stock products, add new products, exclude non-performing/unprofitable products from shopping sites easily.
- You can monitor your performance on a weekly/monthly basis and improve the feed quickly.
- CSEs rely on the quality of optimized product feeds to ascertain the worthiness of products. It will lead to better quality scores, increased ranking, and higher visibility on CSEs and other platforms.
- Product feeds provide detailed information about your products to the customers and encourages them to make the purchase. So, it is a smart decision to update them regularly.
- The feeds can drive up the traffic of your website and generate more revenue.
In a nutshell, product feed allows you to transfer your product catalog to different platforms in a matter of minutes. With an optimized product data feed, the process of exporting your listings becomes easy because they adapt to the requirements of the destination sites. It means you do not have to worry about the presentation and display of the marketing channels. You need to optimize the product feeds according to your needs, and that’s it!
Product Data Feeds: Automation is the Way to go!
If you choose the manual option, you will have to update the product spreadsheet every time you change product attributes. You will then have to re-upload the product feed according to the individualized format of each platform. Instead of managing data feeds manually, opt for an automation tool such as a product feed generator.
With the help of a Magento extension, managing your e-commerce store will be simple and more effective. If you have a big catalog, the automated product feed will take care of every small change in the price, inventory, colors, and other attributes. And if you are interested in selling on more platforms in 2021, the product feed generator will make your goal achievable.
While choosing a product feed generator, make sure you choose one that offers the following features:
- Ready-made templates for different CSEs (Google Shopping, Bing Shopping, Beslist, Get Price, etc.) and marketplaces (Amazon, eBay, Sears, etc.)
- Filter products based on attribute sets, product types, categories, product status, product stock, etc.
- Choose price and currency formats for the product feed.
- Customize the date and time formats to suit your requirements.
- Schedule the automated creation of data feeds using Cron Job.
- Upload product data feeds automatically on FTP/SFTP server.
- Use condition-based dynamic attributes.
- Set Category Mapping to map the Magento categories with other shopping engines.
Get Ready for 2021!
Make your e-commerce store work harder with product data feeds and reach out to more customers than before. Remember, the world of e-commerce is highly competitive, and you need to be on top of your game to win more customers. Optimize product data feeds, ensure better visibility, and get ready to generate more revenue in the new year.