In this business age of hyper-competition, you need to have a robust dealer network to succeed. Find out how a Dealer Inquiry extension will help you to manage the process of building a dealer network. Also, learn tips for choosing the right Magento extension.
The world of e-commerce is all about scalability and developing a diverse sales channel. You may have built an online store to focus on selling more products. However, do not miss out on the traditional method of adding more dealers/distributors to the marketing channel. Working with dealers will ensure that your product reaches numerous retailers throughout the country and across the globe.
Why get more Dealers/Distributors to work for your Brand?
- As a manufacturer, your dealer/distributor will become a wholesaler for your business. Instead of dealing with several retailers and end customers who buy products in smaller quantities, you can work with a wholesale distributor to negotiate a mutually beneficial deal and reach out to several retailers all at once.
- The dealer assumes the responsibility of inventory and shipping the products to retailers releasing you of the burden. So, you can focus on other aspects of the business.
- Certain products do not do well in the world of e-commerce. For example, if you sell experience goods or perishable products, you will need to reach your customers differently. Physical stores and a dealer network become all the more essential if your customers are not tech-savvy.
- It is the age of multi-channel e-commerce strategies. You want to be available in all the places your customers visit online or otherwise. With the help of dealers, you can focus on multiple sales channels and grow your business.
What are the Challenges in building a Dealer Network?
Choosing the best representative for your business is a crucial task. It is essential to streamline the process of addressing multiple dealer inquiries, reviewing them quickly, and creating dealer/customer accounts for the approved list of dealers.
If you are still managing the process manually, you may overlook a few inquiries or fall back on the schedule of creating new accounts. Either way, it will affect your business severely. It can affect the morale of your sales channel and impact productivity negatively. The solution: Digitize the process of hiring new dealers and managing them.
Now, when it is a matter of B2B capabilities, default Magento functionality is limited. It does not offer features to manage and monitor your dealer base. However, the Magento marketplace has a viable solution in the form of a Dealer Inquiry extension.
What is a Dealer Inquiry Extension?
The Dealer Inquiry extension offers the store admin an opportunity to create a custom form and accept inquiries from potential dealers and distributors. It displays the inquiry list to the admin for easy review. The module lets him/her create new customer accounts for the dealers from the backend. It is available for Magento 1 and Magento 2 websites.
When you are in the market to buy a Dealer Inquiry extension, you will have many options. Look for the following features to ensure the best purchase decision:
- Access to creating a customized dealer inquiry form with the required fields, so you receive the exact information you need.
- You can edit the number of required fields whenever you want.
- The inquiry form must be 100% responsive.
- Captcha validation is necessary to avoid spam inquiries.
- You should be able to edit the form fields and titles easily.
- Apply mass action to select, edit and delete many dealer inquiries at the same time.
- Dealers should have an option to upload files to substantiate their inquiry requests.
- You should be able to create a separate page and custom URL for the dealer inquiry form.
- A separate grid to check the status of dealer inquiries in one place so that you do not omit any request.
- You should have the option to send an acknowledgment email to the potential dealer once you receive the inquiry form. They should also receive a confirmation email informing them that the admin has approved their request.
- Similarly, the extension should have a feature to notify you about an incoming inquiry.
- It should allow you to use an email template or customize the email depending on your requirements.
- Admin should be able to create a new customer account from the backend.
- The extension should have the feature to automatically add a new customer account based on the specific customer group.
- It should support a multi-store and multi-website environment.
Automate your Business: Generate more Revenue!
Choosing the right partner for your business can put you on the right path to success. When you have to choose a dealer or distributor for your e-commerce business, you have to analyze the distributor size, measure his/her expertise, and evaluate the dealer inquiry based on your business goals. It is a colossal task that requires your utmost attention. By using the dealer inquiry extension, you will be able to modernize the process so that you can focus on evaluating inquires instead of trying to keep track of them.
It is time to purchase and invest in a premium-quality, well-coded Dealer Inquiry extension for your Magento store.