Are you thinking of taking your auto parts store online? Learn how to build an e-commerce website for your business. Understand why choosing a dedicated auto parts theme will put your Magento e-commerce store on the right path to success.
Thanks to new emerging markets, changing consumer perception, and reliance on technology and digitization, the automotive aftermarket industry is going through a seismic change.
A McKinsey market survey revealed that the global automotive aftermarket industry is expected to grow at a rate of 3% per annum through 2030. The survey also states that business models in the industry will undergo a change, and there will be more focus on e-commerce. The McKinsey survey mentioned that 80% of industry players are not prepared for the changes mainly due to insufficient digitization resources.
What does this mean for you? No longer is the market limited to a few big players. Anyone can enter the global automotive aftermarket industry and reap the benefits. If you sell car parts and auto accessories, this is the right time to move online. If the COVID-19 pandemic has taught us anything, it is the importance of owning a brand online.
How to Sell Auto Parts Online Successfully?
To stay ahead of the competition and ensure a successful e-commerce business selling auto parts, you need to plan and prepare thoroughly.
1. eBay and Amazon are not Enough: A Website is a Must!
Although you may feel like testing the waters by selling your products on e-commerce portals such as eBay and Amazon, it is best to have an e-commerce website of your own. The online shopping portals are annoyingly cluttered and add to your marketing cost. Plus, your product should meet the requirements of the platforms before you start selling on them.
Instead, choosing to build a Magento e-commerce store will give total autonomy over your decisions of what, how, and when to sell. By setting up your e-commerce store, you will enjoy a direct communication channel with customers and ensure a better shopping experience. Additionally, you can use a plugin such as a product feed generator to automate generating shopping feeds for multiple shopping comparison sites and simplify your job.
2. What E-commerce Features are Necessary for an Auto Parts Website?
One essential aspect of an auto parts website is that your customer's focus will not be on product attributes such as color, weight, touch, material composition, etc. Instead, they will primarily want to know whether the auto part is compatible with the car model in question. This specific buying behavior of your target market distinguishes an auto parts e-commerce store from other shopping websites.
Choosing a mobile-responsive website made with SS3 + HTML 5 is a given. It will ensure that customers can access your website from any device or platform. Additionally, your target market will also determine the result. For example, if your customers are mostly auto shops and local garages, their focus will be on bulk buying. It means you will have to offer higher volumes at lower costs. You will have to make your Magento e-commerce store B2B-friendly.
If your chosen demographic is B2C, your website features will change phenomenally. And, instead of focusing on lower costs, you will pay attention to a better customer experience with quick shipping options.
Whether you decide to build your market selling auto parts and car accessories to wholesale buyers, end-users, or a combination of both, here are a few essential features that become non-negotiable for selling auto parts online:
- Offer enhanced search features and allow customers to filter the catalog and search for the exact product they need. Create a UX that helps customers identify their vehicle and select the auto part associated with the car model.
- A seamless navigation structure and site-search bar are essential to make the product search simpler.
- As the products you sell are highly technical, introduce easy options for customers to seek help and recommendations. From Click-to-Call options to chatbots, make problem-solving easy and effortless for buyers.
- If you have many B2B buyers, you need to incorporate a loyalty program for wholesale discounts to keep them coming back to your store.
- Offer a streamlined checkout process and eliminate unnecessary steps to encourage more impulsive purchases.
- Finally, offer features such as shipment tracking with real-time updates, an easy returns and refunds management system, and stock alerts for an improved shopping experience.
3. Magento Auto Parts Theme makes it Easy!
Did you know you do not have to spend endless months designing your website? Building an e-commerce store can be overwhelming. And, that's why many businesses avoid getting into the online space. However, if you use a Magento Auto Parts theme, you can finish making a website quickly.
- Instead of creating the website design and layout from scratch, using a readymade Magento 2 theme will provide well-thought designs and features for a successful e-commerce store.
- With a Magento auto parts theme, your choice is of prime importance. You will get several options to choose layouts for the home page, category pages, and product pages to ensure that your website looks according to your requirements.
- It is essential to choose a theme specifically designed for selling auto parts because it will deliver unique store features that will make your store incredibly helpful for customers. For example, a Magento auto parts theme comes with a built-in product parts finder to allow customers to find products faster.
- Instead of choosing a more generalized theme and buying the YMM product parts finder separately, using an auto parts theme will ensure a more streamlined look for the website.
- Modern auto parts themes come with superior navigation features such as improved layered navigation, mega menu, Ajax-based searches, etc., that complement the YMM product parts finder and deliver an improved customer shopping experience.
The Future is Online!
Whether you are starting as an entrepreneur in the automotive aftermarket industry or an established player with a large buyer base, the future is online. It's the right time to build an online presence and offer convenience to customers. If you want to expand your business and ensure its success for a very long time, buy a Magento auto parts theme and build your e-commerce store.