Ice Monster sells a wide range of ice hockey equipment – hockey sticks, skates, helmets, gloves, protective apparel and more in Australia. The company is regarded as the best source for branded ice-skating equipment with its competitive pricing and high-speed delivery.
The website was developed with custom e-commerce software. But, the high cost of features and customization made the client unhappy. They contacted us in June 2012 and we suggested that they migrate to Magento 1.7 Community software. With a better e-commerce platform and improved design, MageBees.com has worked hard to deliver a superior Magento store. In April 2016, we upgraded the website to Magento 1.9 version. You can visit the store at icemonster.com.au and check the new, professional responsive design layout.
We did on-page SEO optimization for the website and improved the content. Currently, we are in the process of migrating the store to Magento 2.
Scope of Improvement
- Migrate website to the Magento 2.3.1 version.
- Improve website design and layout.
- Make website navigation better.
- Focus on the “Search” section of the website.
- Reduce cart abandonment rate.
- Improve customer shopping experience.
- Streamline features for better shipping service.
- Synchronize inventory management – online and in-store.
- Simplify online payment methods.
- Include bulk shipment features for wholesale customers.
- In the past, we had upgraded the store’s Magento 1.7 version with Magento 1.9 version. Currently, we are in the process of upgrading the store with the Magento 2.3.1 version.
- Applied new responsive design to make the store more attractive and user friendly.
- Improved the navigation of the website and made it easier for customers to find products by highlighting categories on the home page with image.
- Made the website navigation more robust with a customized Mega Menu extension to suit the client’s needs.
- Added an advanced auto-complete search feature to deliver accurate results to customers.
- Setup and configured Product Label features to highlight products, offers and sales.
- Setup and configured a One-Page Checkout extension to reduce the checkout steps and simplify the shopping process.
- It was essential that we apply the best shipping service in Australia. So, we incorporated the Fastway and Courier shipping methods on the website.
- Installed and configured WebPOS on the store so as to synchronize online store inventory and physical store inventory.
- We have setup and configured Eway payment gateway to pay with Credit Cards or redirect the customers to PayPal.
- Added a mass shipment feature in order to help the client with bulk shipments of hockey equipment.
- Setup and configured advance custom options feature for maintaining product variations.
- Set up Google Analytics to understand web traffic and build a solid marketing strategy.
- After upgrading the store, there was a boost in sales. The new responsive design helped attract new customers. And, the new features assured that they trusted the website for placing the orders quickly and easily. Different factors such as One-Page Checkout extension, Fastway shipping method, Eway credit payment method, etc. played a big role in reducing the cart abandonment ratio. The WebPOS system has become an instrumental tool in managing inventory efficiently.
- In the past, the client faced problems with bulk shipment but the mass shipment feature and custom label shipment feature proved to be extremely useful.
- With the installation of Google Analytics, the client now receives detailed information about web traffic and comprehensive reports on content management. It has helped in designing a successful on-page SEO strategy.